QUESTIONS? WE HAVE ANSWERS.
We’ve designed our Pods to be the easiest, sturdiest, best-quality Pods you can enjoy for years to come! Here are a few commonly asked questions (and answers) to help keep your Pod looking like new and well maintained, season after season.
I popped up my WeatherPod™ and my wires seem twisted. Now what?
It is normal for the WeatherPod™ to be a little stiff in the beginning–this goes away with use. Sometimes the memory wires may twist or bend slightly from being packaged, folded or stored away.
- Open your Pod and lay it flat.
- Make sure the wires also lay flat. It’s okay to step on them firmly to flatten them.
- Once the Pod’s popped up, do another quick check to ensure the wires are straight, straightening them by hand or flipping them if necessary.
This video shows how quickly and easily twisted wires can be remedied.
What do I do if a zipper seems stiff (won’t zip easily) or separates slightly?
It is normal for a new WeatherPod™ to be stiff and a little more difficult to zip and unzip. Pods will “stretch out” a bit with use.
- Simply zip and unzip the zippers a few times to loosen them up.
- If the zipper should separate slightly when it is new, hold the Pod firmly and push the zipper up and down a few times.
- The zipper typically re-connects with ongoing use and is completely functional.
Why is my plastic wrinkly?
When Pods are folded down or stored the panels might appear wrinkled when first opened.
- Try setting up your WeatherPod™ up in the sun for a few hours.
- The heat from the sun can greatly reduce the wrinkles and also makes zipping easier.
What if my Pod windows get dirty?
The plastic windows on a UTWPod™ are easily cleanable. Dampen a clean microfiber cloth with water and gently wipe both sides of the windows. Then wipe the windows with a dry cloth to avoid streaks.
Can I use my WeatherPod™ on a cement surface?
We discourage the use of a WeatherPod™ on concrete or asphalt as friction can cause a tear in the floor. Pods with tears in the floor resulting from use on concrete or asphalt are not covered by our warranty.
Can I put a heater in my WeatherPod™?
NO! This is a potential safety hazard. (You won’t need one, trust us!)
I can’t fold my WeatherPod™! Help?
Check out our library of folding videos
for quick and easy demonstrations on opening and folding each of our WeatherPod™ tents and wearables. Or, if you prefer refer to our printable step-by-step folding guide
How do I clean my WeatherPod™?
A soft brush, microfiber wipe or chammy can be used with warm soapy water to clean the zippered panels, oxford polyester fabric and tent floor.
- If you use your Pod while social distancing we recommend leaving the Pod outside after use and disinfecting it according to CDC guidelines.
For more detailed instructions on cleaning and disinfecting your Pods click here
Can I store my WeatherPod™ in its case if it is wet?
Under the Weather® Pods can be folded and placed in their case for a few hours after being exposed to wet conditions. If you are going to store your WeatherPod™ in its case for more than 24 hours after using it, re-open the Pod then let it air out and dry thoroughly before returning it to its carry case for longer-term storage.